WordPress is mainstream, with almost 19.9% of the web using it, and its development is in high gear. We can expect three new releases by the end of this year alone. That’s the news from WordCamp, the annual WordPress developers conference.
WordPress’ features for the modern web just continue to grow, which makes it very attractive for bringing the company website up to current standards in one fell swoop. We’ve been onboard for the last few years and now recommend it regularly for clients. Consider everything that comes with it:
- Content management for in-house publishing
- Media management
- SEO management
- Social media integration
- Accessibility ready
- Mobile ready with responsive design for tablets and mobile screens
- Fully extensible
- Readily adaptable for custom layout and design
- Open source software with regular security and feature updates
- Easy-to-learn interface and growing population of skilled users
- Large development community for custom applications
And by the way, Automattic, the company behind WordPress, just received $50MM of new financing that will push the platform even further.
If you’re looking to level-up your company’s web efforts, consider WordPress. It’s mainstream now and will take you to the front in terms of capabilities faster than anything else available today.
Read full article: http://bit.ly/16njsbl