WordPress is mainstream with almost 19% of the web using it, and its development is in high gear. We can expect three new releases by the end of this year alone. That’s the news from WordCamp, the annual WordPress conference.
WordPress’ features for the modern web just continue to grow, which makes it very attractive for bringing the company website up to current standards in one fell swoop. We’ve been onboard for the last few years and now recommend it regularly for clients. Just consider everything that comes with it:
- Content management for in-house publishing
- Media management
- SEO management
- Social media integration
- Accessibility ready
- Mobile ready with responsive design for tablets and mobile screens
- Hugely extensible
- Readily adaptable for custom designs
- Open source software with regular security and feature updates
- Easy-to-learn interface and growing population of users with skills
- Large development community for custom applications
And by the way, Automattic, the company behind WordPress, just received $50MM of new financing that will push the platform even further.
If it’s time for an upgrade of your company’s web strategy, consider WordPress. It’s mainstream now, and will take you to the front of current web capabilities faster than anything else available today.
Read full article: http://bit.ly/16njsbl